Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Thailand Gurl Scene

Hi Gurls,

As some of you know I'm getting ready to head back into the wide, wide, world again, this time to Thailand. It'll be my second trip there, and while it is a very gay friendly place, it's a very strange place for a gurl like me, who, in my mother's words for me since birth, "is the most agressively feminine creature she ever came across". Basically, I, like many of you, don't fit the nice butch/femme kinds of labels, being not quite femme, and not butch either.

Enter Thailand.

Well. It was a big lezzie culture shock for me. Big. There, you see, everyone is "this" or "that". You're either a "tom", their term for something past butch and closer to transgendered, or a "dee", their term for something like a 1950's pin up girl.

Just read for yourselves...


No comments:

Post a Comment